Who are we looking for?
Hbs is looking for a full-time Accountant who, among other things, has the responsibility to ensure sound and proper accounting practices in consultation with the Finance Manager. The ideal individual is a highly motivated self-starter, well-structured, communicative, and eager to take on new challenges
What will be your key roles and responsibilities?
- Assist partner organisations with their accounting, in consultation with the Programmer Managers and the Finance Manager. This includes keeping track of deadlines, the review of the submitted accounting documents by project partners, and in relation to office activities.
- Prepare accounting sheets and post them in Navision.
- Assist the Finance Manager with planning, controlling and adjusting the budgets for the programmes and office.
- Ensure compliance in own field of activity with the statutory regulations as well as the internal regulations of the Heinrich Böll Stiftung.
- Calculate travel expenses in compliance with the guidelines.
- Review and check of payment documentation.
- Maintain purchase ledger.
- Prepare documents for the annual financial statement.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Timely posting of all payment transactions.
- Input bank payments when requested.
- Scan supporting documents and upload them into DocuWare as agreed with Finance Manager
What are some of the mandatory requirements?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or any related course.
- At least two years of experience in a related position.
- Good knowledge of procurement processes.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel, knowledge of an accounting software and/or DocuWare is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly motivated, pro-active individual.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work within a diverse and multi-cultural setting
What do we offer?
We offer you to become a member of a global network of passionate professionals that drive social innovation, transformation and political change. We believe in honouring our staff’s commitment to our work and vision by providing opportunities for the professional and personal growth of our team members. We have zero tolerance towards abusive, exploitative and discriminatory behaviour in the workplace. The salary will be based on industry norms commensurate with skill and experience. Benefits include insurance and pension schemes.
How to apply?
Please email your application to email@example.com with the subject line: Application: Accountant.
The deadline is 04 September 2023. Include a cover letter and a detailed CV with at least three references.
The position is available immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.